Entrepreneurs are crazy.
And I mean that in a good way. We’re the hustlers of the world. We wake up early to work on our passions. We lay awake at night thinking about our goals.
While the rest of the world is sleeping, we’re busy planning our “overnight success.”
💔 Falling out of love with your clients? Trade some of your worst clients for the best companies in the world with SolidGigs, our premium weekly freelance job list & course library. Love your business again. Learn more »
We think big.
Sometimes, if we’re not careful, all of our big thinking and overachieving can come with a hefty price.
Most entrepreneurs are exhausted, frazzled, and stressed about their business. And today I wanted to share with you one 30-minute exercise that will help you overcome the stress that accompanies running your own business.
It’s a task we’re all familiar with, but none of us do often enough: disconnecting.
Enter your email. Grow your business.
Submit your email below and join 45,000+ creatives who get our most helpful content via email every week. 100% free. Unsubscribe anytime. Privacy protected.
Disconnecting from work
I know, it seems obvious. But when I say disconnecting, I don’t mean turning off your cell phone or closing your laptop to catchup on your latest Netflix obsession.
I mean really getting completely away from your business for 30 minutes each day.
The power of 30 minutes
Here’s what I recommend doing 30 minutes each day to relieve stress and keep my business running smoothly:
1. Find relaxing music. I’m not talking about your favorite classic rock or contemporary music. Find something you wouldn’t listen to normally. Something calming. New age music, Zen music, relaxation music, etc. Any of these will work fine.
2. Find a place you can be alone. It’s important that during your 30 minutes, you remain undisturbed. You can be amazing-freelancer, wonder-mom, or super-student again in 30 minutes. Right now is your time.
3. Write down all your cluttered thoughts. Before you start your 30 minutes of solitude, write down everything you’re preoccupied about. Need to send an email to your client? Write down the details. Forgot to get milk at the store? Write it down. Then put the sheet of paper in the drawer and forget about it for 30 minutes.
4. Find your space. First, get out of your office. Your body is trained to think about work in your office. Find somewhere new that you can sit and listen to practically nothing. Go outside, go in your basement, or even go to the public library.
5. Spend 30 minutes detoxing. Once you’re all set and ready to go, take 30 minutes and detox your body and mind. I know it sounds cheesy, but just give it a try and trust me on this one. It’s going to feel like an eternity. You’re going to be tempted to start thinking about work again.
This 30 minutes is for you and your sanity.
And I guarantee, if you’ve done it right, when your 30 minutes is up, you’ll be at the top of your game, ready to tackle the world and anything your entrepreneurial lifestyle will throw your way!
Give it a try today and let me know how it goes by leaving a comment on this post.
This post is brought to you by Saatchi UK where they have a wide selection of original paintings at Saatchi UK. Thanks for reading.
Keep the conversation going...
Over 5,000 of us are having daily conversations over in our free Facebook group and we'd love to see you there. Join us!