On today’s show, our guest skipped out, so Clay and I hit record to discuss something we see a lot of business builders get wrong: marketing budgets.
You know that phrase, “you’ve got to spend money to make money”?
Well, you might have thought: "that’s not necessarily true. I get referrals for free."
But you DO have to spend money in order to predictably SCALE your business. So how can you know exactly how much to spend on marketing efforts next year?
Today, we’ll walk you through a simple formula for identifying just how much you should pay for marketing without taking on too much risk.
This episode originally aired on December 2, 2021.
PS: Get featured in an upcoming FTF SHORT! Just visit http://freelancetofounder.com/ask and submit a question.
Support our sponsors so we can keep airing new episodes:
- Sendinblue - Use promo code FOUNDER for 50% off your first three months on a premium account at https://www.sendinblue.com/founder/
- Hectic - Everything you need to start, manage, and grow your freelance business — in one place.
- Tailor Brands - Launch your business in just a few clicks (Use the code: F2F for 40% off Tailor Brands)
- LinkedIn Jobs - Find the candidates you want to talk to, faster.
- Justworks - Manage your remote team and run your business with confidence.
- Dripify - Premium learning platform for entrepreneurs.
- SolidGigs - Get more freelance jobs
Get your own on-air coaching call
We'd love to feature your business and offer some free on-air advice for growing your business. To see if you're a good fit, click here.
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts:
If you enjoy the show, can you do us a favor and leave us an honest rating and review on Apple Podcasts? We'll love you forever. Click here to leave a review.